Nine rounds to go in Clausura, don't miss the best previews for every game of Argentinean football !! Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org for further details.
The main characteristic of the 10th round was that unlike previous rounds we didn't have any away winners, just five home wins and five draws where, except Racing, most teams fighting in the top places were involved.
* Racing was the big winner of this round. They dominated the derby and left no doubts that they deserved to win it. Independiente looked like a shy team, played really poor and even his coach admitted after the game that Racing's win had been completely fair. Racing should use the morale boost that comes after winning a game like this to win some more games and maybe fight for the championship.
*Another "reborn" team is All Boys, who won their 2nd consecutive game and this time they scored 3 goals, two of them by "Fat" Fabbiani who didn't look any thinner but was key for his team before leaving injured after HT. Huracan's good streak under new coach Roberto Pompei seems to be over and now they have to think again about not falling in a direct relegation place.
* Olimpo decided this year that if they were going be relegated they would die fighting, and week after week they are showing they want to stay in 1st division. Very good game vs last champion Estudiantes and a fair result that could have been a home win if it wasn't because of a very silly own goal when they were leading 1-0 and Estudiantes couldn't find a way to score.
* Gimnasia and River played a dull, boring scoreless draw. Both were too afraid to lose and were happy enough with one point. River is still the only leader of Clausura, but followed closely by Velez and many others.
* Colon improved from previous games and cut the losing streak at home, but a defensive distraction in the 93rd minute made them get only 1 point when Velez was looking really tired.
* Really great game at Boca in the 3-3 vs Tigre, who dominated during most of the 2nd half. Boca was saved by a long shot with 10 minutes left but they are already out of the championship for another semester and with a bleak future ahead.
* On Wednesday, the 84 minutes left of the suspended game between Velez and San Lorenzo because of the death of a San Lorenzo fan by police brutality will be completed. There will be two halves of 42 minutes each. The game will be played at Boca stadium (neutral ground) and behind closed doors. If Velez draws they will reach River at the top, or will be the only leader if they win.
Round 10 results :
15/4 — Quilmes A.C. 3 – 1 Newell’s Old Boys
16/4 — San Lorenzo 1 – 1 Lanús
16/4 — Racing Club 2 – 0 Independiente
16/4 — All Boys 3 – 1 Huracán
16/4 — Godoy Cruz Antonio Tomba 1 – 0 Argentinos Juniors
17/4 — Olimpo de Bahía Blanca 2 – 2 Estudiantes de La Plata
17/4 — Boca Juniors 3 – 3 Tigre
17/4 — Colón de Santa Fe 1 – 1 Vélez Sarsfield
17/4 — Gimnasia y Esgrima de La Plata 0 – 0 River Plate
18/4 — Banfield 1 – 0 Arsenal F.C.
Round 11 schedule :
Averages Table (http://www.argentinapreviews.com/2010/05/how-are-relegations-decided.html) :
Copa Sudamerica 2011 table ( Top 6 qualify to Copa Sudamericana 2011 + Independiente because they are Sudamericana 2010 champion) :
* Tables taken from "La Redó" (www.la-redo.com.ar)