CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE PREVIEWS OF ROUND 7 AND SEE WHAT YOU'RE MISSING !
ONLY ONE THIRD OF THE TOURNAMENT HAS PASSED. CONTACT ME AT MNCARG@GMAIL.COM FOR DETAILS ON HOW TO RECEIVE THE BEST PREVIEWS OF ARGENTINEAN FOOTBALL.
* Boca finally broke the spell, scoring a goal and winning a game after 4 rounds.
The win was important but difficult to rate, because Colon played again an AWFUL game. They looked weak in every line and as a San Lorenzo fan I'm really happy that they will be our next rival next Sunday.
Boca didn't show anything special. They started the game afraid to lose and as minutes went by they realized that they had no rival in front and tried a little more in attack.
They missed a couple of good chances in the first half and after 15 minutes in the 2nd when nothing was happening, Riquelme (was playing a poor game until then) scored a great goal from a free kick and it was game over for this extremely poor Colon.
* Estudiantes is the new leader. They made it easy and won 3-0 vs a disoriented All Boys, who lost their 4th game in a row and for the 5th consecutive game couldn't score a goal (also the 6th time in 7 Clausura games).
The first two goals were own goals, but Estudiantes dominated and won deservedly in a game that during some time they played like it was just a training session for them.
* Good win for San Lorenzo in a very balanced game vs the until then leader Olimpo.
It was a boring game and a draw could have been fair, but San Lorenzo always looked a little better and more interested in getting the 3 points. They are now only 2 points behind Estudiantes and with the Velez game pending. Only one third of the tournament gone, so i promise to remain as calmed as possible about my team's chances of winning the championship :)
* Crazy game for Racing. They ended the 1st half with a good 0-1 lead and started the 2nd half pretty much in control. They even could have scored the 0-2 in a couple of counter attacks.
But in less than 10 minutes Lanus scored twice (both with a little help from Racing's goalkeeper) and changed the course of a game that looked completely different. Racing showed no reaction
and made things easy for Lanus's counter attacks. Racing is still only 3 points behind the leader Estudiantes, but they've lost 2 in a row and they don't look as mentally solid as they did
2 weeks ago.
* The round also left a good win by Velez, third in a row for them, also a good one for River who starts to take some distance from the promotion playoffs teams, and a key win for Huracan vs Gimnasia, who keeps sinking in the averages table.
Next round will have the leader Estudiantes visiting Boca and 2nd placed San Lorenzo hosting Colon.
Complete results of Round 7 :
25/3 — Argentinos Juniors 0 – 0 Quilmes A. C.
25/3 — Estudiantes de La Plata 3 – 0 All Boys
26/3 — Huracán 2 – 0 Gimnasia y Esgrima de La Plata
26/3 — Olimpo de Bahía Blanca 0 – 1 San Lorenzo
26/3 — Lanús 4 – 1 Racing Club
26/3 — River Plate 2 – 1 Newell’s Old Boys
27/3 — Tigre 2 – 2 Godoy Cruz Antonio Tomba
27/3 — Independiente 1 – 1 Banfield
27/3 — Vélez Sarsfield 3 – 0 Arsenal F. C.
27/3 — Colón de Santa Fe 0 – 1 Boca Juniors
Round 8 Schedule :
Friday April 1st
19.10-- Gimnasia y Esgrima La Plata-Independiente.
21.15-- Banfield-Argentinos Juniors.
Saturday April 2nd
14.00-- All Boys-Lanús
16.10-- Olimpo de Bahía Blanca-Vélez Sarsfield.
18.20-- Newell´s Old Boys-Arsenal F.C.
20.20-- Racing Club-Tigre.
Sunday April 3rd
14.00-- Godoy Cruz Antonio Tomba-Huracán.
16.00-- Quilmes A.C. - River Plate.
16.00-- San Lorenzo-Colón.
18.15-- Boca Juniors-Estudiantes de La Plata.
Averages Table (http://www.argentinapreviews.com/2010/05/how-are-relegations-decided.html) :
Copa Sudamerica 2011 table ( Top 6 qualify to Copa Sudamericana 2011 + Independiente because they are Sudamericana 2010 champion) :
* Tables taken from "La Redó" (www.la-redo.com.ar)